I would love to share my frugalicious find,
on prescription glasses
What do you need ?
- moola , aka a debit or credit card.
- chocolate – for patience, as it will take about 2 1/2 to 3 weeks to receive
- a current prescription
- a ruler with c/m measurements -
My hints – to be used if you are a fraddy cat ~
- use the c/m part of the ruler to measure glasses that you currently own or ones that you like
- if you are going out on a ledge and trying something new, go try some on a a local place for a “test drive”
- download a picture of you to the website, so that you can virtually try glasses on
- I have ordered about 7 pairs of glasses in the last year for me and my daughter
- I claim not to be a millionaire and I am not being paid by this company for any type of advertisement
- I like to coordinate my glasses with my outfit – pure Vanity
- My glasses range in price from eight bucks up to about twenty bucks !! Pure insanity..
Wishes Why I am thankful
I wish I didn’t have to wear glasses,I am very thankful that glasses protect my eyes.
I wish I could wear contacts,I am thankful that more then one honest eye doctor has told me that if I wore contacts and I got an infection, I could lose all of my sight. Very important fact when you only have one eyeball that is working.
I wish I could see out of two eyes, I am so overjoyed that I can see out of one eye – thank you Lord ! (I do sometimes wonder what it would be like to see out of them 3-D glasses, sigh..)
- go the the website www.zennioptical.com
- look and shop for glasses
- compare measurements to glasses you currently own (this helped me out a ton !)
- double click on pictures to get all the details – like the size
- then fill out the form, it will ask you the type – I ordered single vision
- PD-Pupillary Distance – this is the distance between your pupils. You can ask your eye doctor for the measurement or measure yourself. To do this, use the ruler on the c/m side and look in a mirror. Next, take the ruler and find the middle of one of your pupils and measure to the middle of the left over eyeball. Make sure to measure 3 times and cut once..hee hee. I also marked with my finger where(on my current glasses) my pupil was and took my glasses off and measured again. If I have you completely and utterly confused , there is a great question mark with a professional description/tutorial.
- Choose your lens – I just got the free no upgrade one. There is many to choose from and I even ordered the darkening type for my last vacation.
- Anti reflect coating is $4.95 – I would definitely recommend.
- Lens color – if you want rose colored glasses, blue, yellow – I ordered nada color , as I just am plain Jane and I don’t need to tint my world.
- Next fill in your prescription for your left and right eye. Remember to triple check your entries….
- Then add it to your shopping cart
- The whole order has one shipping price, so go ahead and order a couple of different pairs. If you order something you don’t love – you can always wear them around the house.
- Sit back and wait – this is where the chocolate comes in handy. It takes about 2 1/2 to 3 weeks, but worth the wait. They come shipped in a hard case in a plastic bubble wrapped envelope. Mine came out of California but, were made somewhere like Japan, China - somewhere exotic !
Hugs and Have Fun ~ Kammy