Sunday, April 18, 2010

Frenchy things – can’t get enough….

Get a load of this HUGE HUNK OF GAUDY GOLD !!!

Found it at the thrift store a few weeks back for $ 5.99

Had no idea where it was going to go….

Is it a crown or a shelf ?

As it sat awaiting for the Fairy Godmother to turn it into something wonderful – a corner was chipped off.

I stuffed it with newspaper and painted it ORB and you can’t tell – unless you look reaaaaaal close !

Anyway, I sat it on top of my Frenchy desk until I decided what to do with it….

After looking at it , I liked the crown on the shelf…what do you think ?

The ORB crown perfectly matches the handles on the desk , which happen to be ORB too !

032

072Here is my $ 2.99 find from a week ago…I had already started painting it  when Krista popped over from http://thegatheringplacedesign.blogspot.com and told me she had the sister to my find ! Well she had already made hers over and I loved it ! She glazed hers and added a sparkly knob on top. Mine is very similar – but, I painted everything on top ORB and I used sandpaper to make it a bit rustic. I think Krista and I had the same creative eye on this one :o)

me and bonnies arms 031

111

121

The first picture is before I sanded and the finished one on the bottom.

note- was told this is an ice bucket !

Linking up to:

http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/

Hugs ~ Kammy

10 comments:

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

Kammy, great makeovers. Not sure what the second item is, but I love the way it turned out! Linda

Glenda/MidSouth said...

I think it looks good on top of the cabinet. Nice redos!

Unknown said...

Hi Kammy~ Love the scrolly piece you painted and added to the top of your desk hutch... it looks so great up there. I love the jar and lid and LOVE LOVE how you painted it. Thanks for sharing, and for your visit. Jenn

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Yes, I saw the other canister transformation earlier this week and loved it! Love yours, too. So I guess there's a chance there are more out there! Love that other piece ~ I had something similar {two made of resin} in gold and believe it or not I got rid of them last year.

Unknown said...

now that looks good. Gives it some more personality.. And fits the top perfectly.

Unknown said...

They both look great! I especially love the crown, or whatever it is! :-)

Ha ha.. my word verification is groper. Weird...

Jennie said...

Wonderful!!! But will someone please tell me what ORB is? I keep seeing it mentioned and I'm totally in the dark!

My Slice of Heaven said...

I love how the scroll looks repainted on top of your hutch! Great bargains! Anita

Atticmag said...

Your rococo bracket was such a great find and it looks wonderful as you've reused it although usually they're gold. Do stop by and see our villa. Jane F.

Krista@RustikChic said...

Yours looks great! So fun turning something "scary" into something pretty! I love the other piece too! It looks beautiful. :)