Sunday, March 6, 2011

Not going to the thrift stores, enables you to save money….

For about a year of not frequent shopping at my local

Goodwill, ARC or flea markets, I have been

able to save money.

I was able to save money to take Hubby , daughter

and myself to Disneyland last year.

Nothing felt sogood.

I was able to save for everything and it was

such a great feeling.

In January of this year I decided to save money to

finally replace that un-matching fridge in the since

then remodeled kitchen. It helps that the price on

refrigerators are much less expensive then they

were in 2008 (French door style). It also helped that

the one I got – with all the bells and whistles was

about 25% off, free delivery/haul away , no city taxes-

because I live in the country annnnnnnd I got it at

Lowes and they had a deal  (still going on for a few

days). Pre-load a special gift card – turn around and

use the gift card immediately (If you want). They

then take 10% of the original purchase amount and

load the card in the middle of this month. So Basically

I spend 2 grand on my fridge and get two hundred dollars

of free Lowes money to spend.

Isn’t that a steal ?

I love a good bargain !

Here is a before and after:

IMG_4040

IMG_4078

IMG_4046

Facts-

Yes, the new fridge is like a mirror.

( need to get the right cleaner to make it spotless)

I don’t work for Lowes and

get no moola for giving them brownie points.

I know that there is a sticker showing.

This is the only time the fridge will be empty for

two seconds.

I have installed a “diet alarm” on this

new model. It will sound when making

poor choices .

No really this isn’t needed, because

of the shiny surface being like a

mirror – just take a look at yourself

BEFORE opening the fridge and

make your choice.

The last picture is the fridge open -

doesn’t it look like it wants a hug ?

I wanna hug it because I paid

CASH MONEY

I LOVE YOU CASH.

Hugs,

Kammy

 

P.S.  Yes, I have

been through Financial Peace

University with Dave Ramsey .

Cash is King Baby !

 

I am linking this to Susan’s Met Monday – because it

is a before and after !

http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/

20 comments:

g.suzie said...

Kammy, I think we have the twin to your old fridge. . .seems like ours just keeps hangin on!
You inspired new dishtowels last post, I wonder if we can work
on the new fridge this time!
Luv it !!!!
sj

Blondie's Journal said...

You did a great job, Kammy. I always think that if I stay out of the stores, I won't be tempted to spend and that's the truth.

Love your new fridge! It really is awesome! :-)

XO,
Janie

Unknown said...

Kudos for you for restraining yourself and saving! I have the twin to your new fridge, only the front of mine is stainless. Good luck on keeping that mirror finish. Let me know what you find to clean it with. Mine shows every fingerprint and being the OCD personality that I am--it drives me batty!

Marilyn said...

Does this have the freezer on the bottom? We had one with the freezer like that and I sure do miss it.

I get to help plan Sarah's wedding and it is going to be cash only, too. And since there isn't much of that it will be small and "frugal"--or should I say intimate?!! ♥♫

P.S. I see a few green blades of grass among all the brown. Spring is coming out here!!

Ames said...

I agree! And if you watch Hoarders you'll be wanting to purge instead of spend.

Nice post Kammy. Your blog is one of the first I ever started to follow. I am glad you are back!~Ames

Deanna said...

I'd hug my fridge to if paying for it with cash!
Congrats.
d

Anonymous said...

Hi Kammy! Oh, what a beautiful fridge you got! I'm so proud of you being thrifty! Since my hubby retired last year I've really been very careful not to spend if I really just don't have too! I can hardly believe it! I've kept a $20 bill in my purse for a month! :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Laura said...

What a great post and inspiration!
I love paying cash-
Your new refrigerator is wonderful!

Laura
White Spray Paint

Teresa said...

Love your fridge - is it the one with the pull out freezer drawer? We're in the market. Ours is seventeen years old and has started freezing all the contents....that's not a good sign! I will check out Lowes this week.
Thanks!

Amanda Lee said...

What a great bargain you were able to get! And not to do it with debt! Woohoo! Love you beautiful new fridge :)
~Amanda

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Good for you Kammy!
I think that going to Disney and your new fridge are just wonderful!
I am so glad to see your blogging again!
You have pics to show us from Disney?
Hugs,
Cindy

xinex said...

I love it, Kammy! What a nice looking fridge and paying cash for it is the best thing....Christine

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Very Nice ! Congrats on the savings.
My fridge makes a strange noise on occasion - hold it os just clearing it's throat, and not moaning. :D

dee dee said...

Wonderful job on both saving the money and paying cash, as well as making a great choice on a new fridge! Enjoy!
Dee Dee

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

Kammy, that is good advice and a good challenge - to stay out of the stores. Love the new fridge. I'd enjoy the French doors with wider storage in the top part. Linda

Anxiety Self Help said...

I bet you, your hubby and your daughter had a splendid time at disneyland!

I certainly love your new refrigrator! Looks classy and sleek!

EFT and Tapping said...

I'm loving your new fridge! I hope you had a splendid with your whole family in Disneyland!

Mary Ann Pickett said...

Bravo to you for paying with cash. Beautiful fridge.
Mary Ann

Pamela said...

Too funny!! Love the new fridge! It looks so big!

Erin said...

Love the new fridge! I found your blog at Between Naps on the Front Porch. You have such great ideas and I'm your newest follower! I'd love it if you'd follow me back: http://stillwaterstory.blogspot.com/